Friday, February 13, 2009

My Kids

I haven't talked about my kids very much in the last while. Here are some pics I have recently taken of my kids...







Dalan is in the "CHEESE!!!!!!" stage when we take his picture (that is if you can get him to hold still long enough to get his face in the shot!). CHEESING for the camera obviously includes squinting his eyes...what a goof ball!






For those of you that know Dalan, know that he is the energizer bunny! This is not a kid that will fall asleep where ever he is... until a few days ago!! I walked into Dalan's room expecting to find him watching the latest craze at our house (Kung-Foo Panda!) to put him to bed, and this is what I found!! I was amazed!



I think every parent wonders if their first child will react to their new sibling. For us, we got lucky with Dalan! He loves Audree!


Kalab was trying to iron his shirt for work the other morning and couldn't hold Audree, so he laid her in Dalan's bed. Dalan thought it was the coolest thing that "sister in my bed! I lay with her daddy? I lay with sister?" Good thing Kalab thought to take a picture of the moment...we will need this picture for future use to show Dalan and Audree that they liked eachother at one point in time! (Again, we have the "CHEESE")





And last, we have been looking over the features of our two kids and deciding what features are the same. It is shocking to me their hair is so different! We never expected to have a dark hair infant because Kalab's hair was strawberry blond and mine was blond when we were born. But, we LOVE the dark hair! Both kids are about a month old in these pics.











5 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. I have been waiting to see Audree again. She is a beautiful baby. I am excited for you guys to come down again so that I can see her in person. Keep posting pictures and updates. Love you guys!

Amberly said...

Your kids are so cute! That picture of Dalan was funny, it reminded me of Abby. Thanks for the pictures, they are great!

Steve and Katrina said...

I'm with you on the dark hair. I wish Emery had more hair because I love a baby with a head full of hair!

I am terrible at commenting on blogs so forgive me for never saying thanks for the nice complement on my pictures. I never think they turn out very well so I'm glad you were inspired to take some. Audree is so cute and you did great with your pictures.

Did you know Crystal M. just had another little boy?

Oh, and I love your sewing creation. I'm way impressed!

Ritch in Love said...

Your family is so cute! And those sewing projects in the post below are great!!
(Was wondering if Kalab had any idea about the mission reunion?)

Heather's Blog said...

I'm so sorry. Thought I had added you to my blog...just did. I've been out of the blogging loop for quite a while, but I'm back baby! I've been wanting so see your little Audree. She's so cute.